Monday, December 6, 2010

Tigres UANL

 Los Tigres son equipo de fútbol en Mexico. El equipo representa la Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León. Los Tigres UANL son el equipo joven en Mexico.

The Tigres are one of two soccer teams that represent Monterrey, Mexico. The other team is the Rayados de Monterrey, but the Tigres are my favorite. They are my favorite mainly because I have actually seen their games, but I haven't seen a Rayados game. The Tigres represent the public university in Monterrey and that makes the players about my age as well. The boys who play for the Tigres are quiet attractive so that is another reason as to why they are my favorite. All that aside, it is common knowledge that soccer is a HUGE part of Latin American culture as well as around the world. The US is the only country who does not list soccer as it's most popular sport. I believe soccer has taken such a hold in Latin American countries because it is not as expensive as other sports like American football which requires a lot of equipment. To play soccer all people need is a ball and some sort of goals to score in. While in Mexico I saw children playing soccer everyday and they would play until their ball was flat. People go crazy for soccer and while I do not understand the hype I loved watching the kids play and the joy on their faces. The Tigres is a favored team in Monterrey and I have come to love them too as well las the whole sport in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment